After receiving a Holistic treatment it is very important to rest and relax as much as possible and practice deep breathing exercises.
Drinking plenty of water or even herbal teas will help flush out any toxins released by your treatment, this will help reduce any side effects, making the treatment more beneficial.
Home care Advice
Try and make time to do Regular exercise
Make time for yourself!
Try Practicing Deep Breathing exercises to help you relax
Try and add more Fruit and Vegetables to your everyday diet.
This is also known as a side effect from the massage which are usually only Minor and should pass in 24-48 hours after which you will more than likely feel calmer and better in yourself.
Headache, Nausea, thirst, a sore throat, tiredness, You may need to pass water more. Contra actions put simply mean mild side effects usually can occur
Break out in spots (Temporarily),
- Aches and pains.
- You may feel emotional, its quite natural to feel tearful.
This is due to the flushing out of the toxins released by the treatment you have just received -Drinking water or herbal teas can help speed up this process and also serve to reduce symptoms.
After the treatment
- Don't drink alcohol or smoke for the next 24 hours; massage aims to detoxify the body -alcohol and smoking are counter-productive as they increase the levels of toxins within the body.
- Avoid heavy meals
- Do not shower or bathe directly after an Aromatherapy treatment. The essential oils used, need to penetrate the skin in order to be absorbed into the system to achieve optimum results. Also avoid sauna & steam rooms, 6-8 hours is the the amount of time it takes to get the full benefits.
- Avoid direct exposure to strong sunlight, and do not use sun beds following the use of any oils.
- Be aware of your posture.
- Rest as much as possible in order to assist the healing process.